Hi Everyone! I was nominated by the lovely Danielle over at The Introverted Book Nerd for the Blogger Recognition Award! To Danielle — thank you so much for the recognition, if you guys haven’t checked out her blog before, head over to the link above, her blog is so fun!
I love what this nomination stands for, and I love that you will get to know a little bit more about me from it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how you blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog to know they were nominated
How it all started
I’ve always loved writing and I’ve always loved reading but putting the two together was really hard for a really long time. I had a really hard time balancing my work life, social life, home life and doing some things (solo) that I like to do. I am an only child so having some me time has always been really important. My friend Jess (who you will see tagged below) has a post and she kind of got me into the idea of this hobby (she’s also pretty excited I blog as much as I do now).
I have actually had a blog for a really long time but it wasn’t until I moved back to New York and made a commitment with myself to blog and read more that it really took off. I blog on things I enjoy, I use my adventure posts as a way to remember what we’ve done and I use my book posts to remind me what books I loved and to bring my book love to all of you!
Advice to New Bloggers
- It’s okay to take breaks. Everyone needs a break sometimes, whether it’s because life gets in the way or you’re in a blog rut, no one is going to get mad if you take a hiatus or blog less often. Remember that blogging is for fun, don’t ever make it feel like work and always remember to actually get out there and live your life.
- Find your special way of blogging. My favorite times to blog is when no one else is in the house, I love my boyfriend but it’s easier for me to write a blog post when I’m by myself with some music on. Can I blog in other environments? Absolutely but it takes a lot more effort. Find what works for you and go with it.
The Book Blogging community is awesome! You will always find new people who have a lot in common with you! Don’t take that for granted! Remember to respond and read their posts because they might just help you along the way with your blog and give you inspiration you didn’t even know you were missing.
- Sweet Love & Ginger
- Running Forward….My Way
- The Eternal Traveller
- I’m an adventurest
- Delphine The Babbler
- Books and Munches
- A Lady in London
- Baking Thad Books
- Life of a Literary Nerd
- Chrissy Adventures
- The Bibliolife
- The Better Places
- Girl Happy Traveling
- The Book Nookae
- Reading Through The Night
If you aren’t following any of these blogs, I recommend checking them out, you never know what you might find! Enjoy!