I was nominated by the lovely Paperback Beaches for the Leibster Award. This award is really cool because each of us gets to choose the questions for the people we tag and Courtney had some awesome ones! So thanks again Courtney for the nominations and awesome questions!
Here are the Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Here were the questions I was given to answer 🙂
1. What was the worst book you ever read or stopped reading?
I think the worst book that I ever read is the one that was read recently and that’s the Notebook. Ugh, the movie with Ryan Gosling give me any day — the book no way.
2. What kid’s movie, where you scared of as a child, but like now?
So I actually REALLY liked this movie as a kid but always had to hide behind the couch in one scene. The movie? Beauty and The Beast. The scene? When the Beast sees Belle near the rose. But I LOVED the movie and Belle is my animated self — because of books of course!
3. What quote inspires you?
I’m going to give one of my favorite quotes that doesn’t really inspire me and one that does:
- For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary, it is undying and it is enough – Diana Gabaldon
- All we to decide is what to do with the time that we have – JRR Tolkein
4. What is your least and favorite blogging post and why?
My favorite post is probably not a book post but my post about 48hrs in Maine because it was my real true adventure post and I felt like it was my way of knowing that I could really do both — book and adventure/travel blog.
My least favorite was probably my Notebook post because 1) I didn’t like the book so I didn’t really know what to talk about and 2) I really hate when I ramble in a post and I felt like I kind of did that on this one
5. How do you promote your blog?
I don’t promote my blog as much as I’d like to –somewhat because I don’t know how to (so if anyone has tips let me know!) Twitter is a big one, following other blogs, my instagram is specific to my blog posts and interests, facebook and I have bloglovin’ (but I don’t know how to use it)
6. Where is your favorite place to read?
My recliner chair with a comfy blanket wrapped around me 🙂
7.What are some things you haven’t seen or read, but know everything about because of popular culture?
Wow this is a tough one. I don’t know how to answer it. I’m going to go with the Middle East because I have family from there and while I’ve read articles about it I knew about a lot of everything going on there before it got in the news/before my generation started to pay attention.
8. How would someone describe your blogging style?
hmmm I would hope descriptive and individual. Even when I write my reviews about books I try very hard not to just copy the synopsis on the back of the book but to write my own style.
9. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
Goes with #8, sometimes I have a hard time explaining the plot of a book — it takes me longer to do that than my review. On the adventure side, sometimes it’s how to piece it all together to make sure it flows well with the topic at hand and what information I’m trying to get across.
10. What is the most ridiculous fact you know?
Oh my gosh, I have no idea. Seriously, my boyfriend and I are just staring at each other trying to figure this one out. In the 1990s, Doctors were afraid to prescribe opioids to people, then they were told they weren’t prescribing enough, so they changed their practice — now we are in a crisis.
Also — there is an diagnosis code for walking into a lamppost.
Here’s who I nominate:
- Danielle @ The Introverted Booknerd
- Kerry @ Kerry McKim
- Kathy @ Books and Munches
- Alex @ Coffee Loving Bookholic
- The Revenant Reader
- Jill @ JillJemmet
- Jessie @ The Better Places
- J.W. Martin @ JWMartin
- Nano @ Travel with Nano B
- Wanderlust Writings
Here are my 11 questions
- Where is the one place you wish to go?
- If you could only keep one book, which would it be?
- Your favorite place on earth
- What is one thing you’d like to change/update/add to your blog?
- One embarrassing fact about you
- Why did you start blogging?
- One interesting fact about you
- Your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging
- What advice would you tell your younger self?
- If you could meet one person, who would it be and why?
- What do you love most about the blogging community?