Originally I wasn’t going to do this post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The reason? I honestly didn’t think there were 10 books out there that I would hope to get before the end of the year — but silly me, I was wrong. Black Friday reminded me of the fact that there are a lot of newer books out there that I haven’t gotten recently because of my wallet.
Here’s the list:
- The Girl In The Tower you guys have heard me gush about The Bear and The Nightingale a hundred times already so of course this one is on the list. But I don’t need Santa to bring it because I already bought a signed copy 😊😊
- We Were The Lucky Ones: this cover literally breaks my heart. It’s definitely one I want specifically because of the cover. According to Goodreads, the story is: a true story about a family of Polish Jews during WWII. How can you not want to read that?
- City of Lost Dreams: the second book in the City of Dark Magic. I love the idea of Prague and magic mixed together. It was entertaining and different.
- Artemis: A Novel: one of my favorites is The Martian so when I found out the author was writing another, I knew I needed it, plus it’s about space and people living there with some drama, how could you not want to read that? PS: this one won a goodreads 2017 award already and it just came out
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky: I’ve heard a lot of good things from fellow book readers about this one. I was told I’ll love it and it sounds really interesting so I can’t wait.
- A Gentleman in Moscow: I’m really excited for this one because it’s so different from anything I usually read. It dives into Russia in the 1920s and its history and for some reason it caught my attention.
- Tower of Dawn: While I am crazy behind on this Throne of Glass series, I’m determined to read the whole thing before the next book comes out and Chaol is one of my favorite characters in the series so far so of course I want to read a story that’s mostly based around him.
- Beartown: like The Martian, I loved the book A Man Called Ove written by this same author — once I find a book or author I really like, I honestly can’t stop.
- The Orphan’s Tale: This one was easy Barnes and Noble said it’s The Nightingale meets Water for Elephants. I’ve read both, enjoyed both (actually loved The Nightingale) so I can’t resist. A traveling circus during WWII that shows strength and sacrifice.
- The Pillars of The Earth: I put this on the list because my boyfriend’s mom said I would like it. Mainly because of my historical fiction fandom. This takes place in the 12th century while building the “greatest Gothic Cathedral of all time”.
- Queen of Shadows: I added this one to the list because if I’m going to continue to read the Throne of Glass series, I’m going to need the next in the series (though Heir of Fire wasn’t my favorite).
Honestly, if I get any of these I will be so happy, — have you guys read any of these? If so, what would you recommend?