This was my first European vacation and there was a lot to learn from it. Below is a list of the Do’s and Don’ts that I recommend for any trip overseas.
- Don’t buy a Rick Steves book
- Everyone told me how amazing his stuff is, and don’t get me wrong, it is — but I didn’t use it as much as I used pinterest and my own research
- Do look for deals
- Like the London Pass and Heritage Pass, it ended up savings us at least $100 each on attractions
- Don’t rent a car from a third party supplier
- meaning, make sure you rent a car from a company that is in the country or AAA instead of Expedia etc.
- Do take lunches with you
- especially if you’re looking to save some time and money. Eating lunch on the go is great when you’re trying to see a lot and keep within your budget
- Plan ahead where you want to go but don’t plan too much, you want some down time