Thank you goes to Akansha Negi for writing such an amazing guest post for the blog. If you’re interested in also being a guest post on my blog please let me know.
Owing to innumerable adventure activities to do in India, daredevils from all around the world love to visit the country. Whether you are on a road trip, traveling solo, on a group tour or on family vacations, these escapades are worth trying. Until now, India used to beguile visitors with a spellbinding cultural confluence. But, with the changing trends, the country has managed to rank on the bucket list of adventure junkies as well.
From river rafting in Rishikesh to scaling the heights of Himalayas, here are some of the enthralling things to do in India.
Trekking in India is not only about conquering the heights of the mountains! Rather, it also involves trekking on the frozen Zanskar River. From difficult treks, easy treks, short treks to long treks, where else you will find so many trekking options. As a matter of fact, the fun-filled activity is a memorable affair of breathtaking terrains, high passes, surprising trails, etc.
- Tips: Choose a trekking level that suits you the best. Don’t start with a difficult trek, if you’re a novice. In addition to this, carry your necessary essentials with you.
- Location: There are many trekking destinations in India. However, the most popular ones are Ladakh, Sikkim, Garhwal, Himachal Pradesh, etc.
Don’t take it lightly when we add camping to the list of must-do adventure activities in India. Escape into the golden sand dunes or set your camps under the stars. Enjoy spending days besides a color-changing lake or cherish some tranquil moments at the picturesque destinations amidst snow-covered peaks. Because of such a variety of options, a majority of the adventure tour packages definitely include camping.
- Tips: Place your camp in close proximity to a village or a city.Don’t contribute to environmental pollution.
- Location: Leh, Kullu & Manali, Rishikesh, Rajasthan, etc. are some of the best camping sites in India.
Challenging the daredevil in you, Mountaineering is an eye-opening experience. Outstanding amongst rest of the adventure activities in India, the arduous escapade is for the brave hearts and daring souls. Above all, the deed offers you some unforgettable memories. Be it the soul-soothing ambiance of the towering peaks or the awe-inspiring views, everything seems so magical.
- Tips: Before going for mountaineering, brush up your climbing skills. Brace yourself for altitude sickness and acclimatization. Carry necessary medications with you. Follow the ‘No trace’ policy.
- Location: Kufri, Nanda Devi, Kanchenjunga, Uttarakhand are some of the ideal places for trying your hands at mountaineering.
Hot Air Balloon Safari
Even words fall short to describe how it feels to have a bird’s eye view of a destination. What’s even better is to fly slowly over some of the best places to visit in India. Hot Air Balloon Safari offers you exactly this and much more. Another key point to note about this new adventure activity in India is that it is scary, fun and thrilling all in one go.
- Tips: Go for this joy ride in the morning. Follow the safety instructions. Dress appropriately. Steady yourself for landing.
- Location: Hot Air Ballooning is quite famous in Goa, Rajasthan and Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh.
Witnessing what lies deep down the azure waters is really exciting. For this reason, Scuba Diving, especially in the Andaman Islands is the most cherished adventure activity in India. Swim with colorful sea creatures, get a closer look at the fishes of all kinds or marvel at the exotic corals. Get spellbound with the magical beauty of the under-water life this summer season.
- Tips: Choose certified instructors to partake in Scuba Diving. Listen to the instructions provided before going for the activity. Even if you are not a swimmer, you can still enjoy scuba diving.
- Location: Lakshadweep Islands, Pondicherry, Andaman, Goa are perfect destinations for Scuba Diving.
Next on the list to adventure activities in India is Whitewater Rafting. Popular amongst the youngsters, the activity takes the fun quotient to next level. After all, battling with the challenging rapids of the gushing river is not a child’s play! To be enjoyed with friends and family, river rafting is a perilous thrill that many seek for.
- Tips: Wear your life-jackets till the time you try the activity. Don’t disbalance the raft. Teamwork is really important while cherishing the rafting.
- Location: River rafting in Rishikesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Sikkim, Karnataka, Ladakh, etc. lures adventure aficionados from all over the world.
There is nothing better than a camel safari to revel in some matchless experiences. A tour to Rajasthan is definitely incomplete without a camel safari. Ride on a camel’s back to explore the golden sand dunes. Or else, you also have the option to marvel at the stunning views of Nubra Valley while sitting on a Bactrian camel.
- Tips: Don’t harm the camels. Take lots of water with you. Do not forget to carry your camera. Follow the instructions given to you. Keep in mind that winter is the best time to cherish camel safari in Rajasthan.
- Location: Ladakh and Rajasthan are ideal places to enjoy the camel safari.
Jungle Safaris on Jeeps
One of the best ways to make the most of the wildlife tours is to choose the jeep safari. Merely the mention of this adventure activity sends visions of adventure and actions flashing across the mind. Riding on the open jeep allows you to have a closer view of the environs as you escape in the wilderness.
- Tips: Don’t get down at the prohibited areas. Don’t feed the animals or hurt them.
- Location: Wildlife safari on the jeep is available in Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
How does it sound to reach at extreme heights from the ground level and experience a free fall? Electrifying no! Skydiving is all about planning an adventure of a lifetime. Ideal for thrill seekers who always want more, the activity urges them to travel to India often.
- Tips: Don’t panic, just enjoy. Check your safety equipment before trying skydiving.
- Location: Try skydiving at the Deesa, Dhana, Pondicherry and Maharashtra.
Visitors planning a trip to India to try something adventurous must not skip Paragliding. Soar high up in the sky and tame the winds. Although daunting but the task is equally gratifying.
- Tips: Leave your worries behind and fly like a bird.
- Location: Bir Billing, Uttarakhand, Shillong and Gujarat are ideal for paragliding.
Pacify your adrenaline rush with these must-do things in India.
A soul bred in the mountains, Akansha Negi doles out travel inspiration from solo wandering, exploring heritage and culture, tasting local cuisine, adventures and experiences of her travels.